Friday, January 25, 2013

AP vs Peyton

There is a lot of debate over who is going to win Comeback Player of the Year and the MVP awards. A lot of people have both awards down to Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning. I am going to tell you that it is a simple decision for both awards.

To start I am going to say that I am bias towards both players. I am a long time Peyton Manning fan. I think he should win MVP every year because of is intense preparation and consistency year after year. I am also one of the crazy people that said he should win last year because look what the Colts did without him. However, I am also a long time Vikings fan and I liked AP back in his college days at Oklahoma.

Comeback Player of the Year:
I think this should go to Peyton Manning just for the sheer reason that he missed all of the 2011 season with the neck injury. We could talk about which injury is harder to comeback from. Certainly the ACL for a running back is huge and hard to comeback from, but Adrian still played 12 games in 2011 and almost had 1000 yards rushing before his injury. Peyton had 0 TD's and 0 passing yards in 2011. Peyton has the biggest comeback in terms of production from 2011 to 2012 that's what I'm looking for. Adrian did comeback faster than anyone could have thought and that is very impressive. Big ups! However, I'm not giving the award for faster healer, but biggest production lost from injury and then gained back after injury. So it goes to Peyton.

MVP:
I would love to give this to Peyton, but it has to go to Adrian "All Day" Peterson. No player meant more to his team than AP. Both players obviously have great cases to win this award or we wouldn't be talking about them. Peyton did a great job with a good team and being the number one seed in the AFC is huge. However, if the Vikings don't have Adrian, they are nothing. Teams came into each game knowing that they have to put 8 or 9 guys in the box to stop AP and the Viking's offense, and they still couldn't stop him. That is MVP status right there. Also coming 8 yards shy of the record for rushing yards in a season when he saw limited touches and production in the first 4-6 games because they didn't want to push the ACL too much too early. That is crazy! He could have obliterated the record if the season started a month later and he got his touches earlier. I love Peyton and the Broncos would have struggled without you for sure, but not as much as the Vikings without AP. Adrian for MVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment